The #1 Most Recommended Montessori Baby Item!
The Topponcino's unique oval shape "tacos" your baby, providing essential head, neck, and body support while holding, handling, and feeding. It's multi-layered design holds heat as well as your family’s scent, giving your little one a small sanctuary of coziness in their new big world.
- Based on Dr. Maria Montessori’s original 1940’s design.
- Professionally crafted to the standards laid out by the official Montessori Assistants to Infancy course.
- Made of finely brushed, French-cotton twill creating a rare blend of softness and durability.
- Original = Cover/Insert made of natural, conventional cotton.
- Organic = Cover/Insert made of 100% GOTS certified organic cotton. (Currently available in white only)
- Meets or exceeds US safety standards (CPSC) for babies 0-3 years old.
- For ages 0-6+ months.
- Dimensions: 24”x16”x1”
- Includes 1 cover and 1 pillow insert.
Note: Nursing pillows and baby lounging products are for adult-supervised awake-time only and not for sleep.
Frequently asked questions
"The baby finds security and a familiar scent - their scent and the scent of their parents, siblings, and family - in this thin cushion. It prevents overstimulation when handled by family and friends...Parents using the Topponcino say they take it everywhere."
The Montessori Baby
By Simone Davies and Junnifa Uzodike
Watch this great Topponcino video by "Montessori for Babies"
This Italian Montessori wonder is a widely underused baby item probably because no one knows about it! If people knew about it - it would be a top pick for registries around the world.
I made sure it was packed in the hospital bag, ready to use from birth. It is also one of the few items for the Assistants to Infancy that Maria Montessori mentioned herself.
It’s also a wonderful way for an older sibling to hold their baby brother or sister with ease, giving the protective parents some peace of mind as well.
One of my Montessori baby must haves is a Topponcino. A Topponcino is this beautiful Montessori baby material that allows for a smoother transition for the baby from the womb to the world.